Electromagnetic compatibility tests
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) defines the ability of electrical or electronic devices to work properly in a specific electromagnetic environment by achieving an appropriate level of immunity and limiting the emission of disturbances intolerable to other operating devices. An electromagnetic disturbance is an electromagnetic phenomenon that may interfere with the operation of the device. The source of the disturbance are objects emitting electromagnetic waves unintentionally (household appliances, electronic devices) as well as intentionally (TV and radio stations, mobile phones).Compatible devices are resistant to surges and changes in the power grid, electrostatic discharge, radio waves and other electromagnetic phenomena.
Electromagnetic compatibility tests are necessary to legally mark a product with the CE mark and sell electronic and electrical devices in Poland or other European Union countries.
The Zamel laboratory offers equipment testing for compliance withEN / IEC 61000 standard at the construction level in the scope of:
- resistance to fast-pulse impulse (BURST) series;
- high energy shock resistance test (SURGE);
- test of resistance to transient states of the supply voltage (dips, shortinterrupts, hesitation);
- ESD electrostatic discharge immunity test.
In our laboratory, in addition to standardized tests, it is possible to carry out"user" tests. During their implementation we have the ability to change parameterstest freely in order to more accurately verify the operation of the devices tested and to detect any errors at the device design level.Test devices are calibrated in the company's accredited testing laboratoryEMTEST and guarantee full compliance with standards.
The tests are carried out under the supervision of qualified engineering staffstandardized test stand.
During the tests it is possible to register its course (recording via a camera to a computer hard drive).Research carried out in our laboratory is a solid basis for final testingcarried out in an accredited laboratory.
In addition to high-class measuring equipment, our laboratory also has facilitiesenabling rapid modification of the structure during testing - positionsoldering, parts magazine (capacitors, coils, chokes, resistors) and wiring.We also have basic measuring equipment in the form of multimeters.As part of the service, we provide measuring equipment to the interested company / personhigh class. We provide assistance in its use (especially for user tests)and test configuration. However, the person joining the study should do so on their ownprepare their program and define according to what standards and at what levels they should betests performed.
The scope of tests at the test stand
In the scope of standardized tests, all standard tests can be changedparameters within the norm (peak frequency 5kHz / 100kHz, feedback modeALL / COM, test duration).
IEC 61000-4-4 Level_1 500V
IEC 61000-4-4 Level_2 1000V
IEC 61000-4-4 Level_3 2000V
IEC 61000-4-4 Level_4 4000V
EN 61000-6-1 General 1000V
EN 61000-6-2 General 2000V
B) - High energy shock test (SURGE) in accordance with IEC 61000-4-5
Standard tests:In the scope of standardized tests, the repetition rate and the number of pulses can be changedper test level. The user can choose the maximum allowableSURGE surge current for the tested device.
C) - Surge immunity test in accordance with IEC 61000-4-11 in the rangedips, short interruptions, voltage fluctuations
Tests can only be carried out in manual mode, in which we have the optionchoosing one of five dip levels, determining the duration of the dip and determiningangle (0, 180, asynchronous).
In addition, we have a capacitive coupling clamp (CCC) connected toUCS500N5 to test interface resistance of tested devices (tracksmeasuring devices, triggering systems) for BURST fast changing pulses.We also have equipment that allows you to study the impact of the electromagnetic field at very muchwide frequency spectrum on the device tested.The scope and program of these tests are set individually with the Principal.
ESD electrostatic discharge test
The DITO testing device is lightweight, handy and makes testing easierintuitive menu and ergonomic design of the device.At the test stand with the DITO electrostatic discharge simulator we offerdesign tests in the scope of EN / IEC 61000-4-2 related to resistanceESD discharge devices.
IEC 61000-4-5 Level_2 1000V
IEC 61000-4-5 Level_3 2000V
IEC 61000-4-5 Level_4 4000V
EN 61000-6-1 General 1000V
EN 61000-6-2 General 2000V
The test stand allows:
- carrying out air or contact discharges,
- performing single, continuous or automatic discharges,
- tracking the test process (the number of discharges until the end of the test),
- selection of repetition frequency (0.5 ... 20s in steps of 0.5s),
- selection of different test voltages (500V ... 16.5kV),
- change of pulse polarity.
Tests can be run in the mode:
- EASY - standard test levels fixed throughout the test;
- QUICK - during the test it is possible to change the test voltagewith a fixed step and its polarity;
- REP - discharges generated with a high number of repetitions to findleast resistant / exposed test points;
- PROG-TEST - 8 test programs to be programmed by the userstep by step - levels 1 ... 4 according to IEC / EN 61000-4-2 and generic EN50082-1 / -2.
Cooperation with research centers
- 150kHz 30MHz conducted emission in accordance with the basic standard IEC / CISPR 16-1-22,3,4 and IEC / CISPR 16-2-1, 7.4.1 in the scope of:
- electromagnetic disturbances at low voltage AC power connectors,
- electromagnetic disturbances on low voltage DC power connectors,
- electromagnetic disturbances at telecommunications ports,
- current disturbances at telecommunications ports.
- 150kHz 30MHz click interferencer according to IEC / CISPR 14-1.
- 30MHz 1GHz radiated emission in accordance with the basic standard IEC / CISPR 16-2-3.
- Emission of harmonic currents in public power supply networks.
The laboratory offers assistance in the preparation of technical and construction documentation (TCF) and improvement of devices in order to achieve the state of electromagnetic compatibility, as well as offers consultation and individual training.